The PCT Southbound Guide focuses on the issues most important to southbounders, and is split into six parts:
- Part 1: Starting Your Hike - how to plan your start date and get to the trail
- Part 2: Northern Washington - the dangers of early season hiking in Northern Washington
- Part 3: The Sierra Nevada - how long do you have to make it through the Sierra?
- Part 4: The Desert - water and weather challenges in Southern California
- Part 5: Planning Your Hike - all the info you need to prep food, gear, and your body
- Part 6: '16 Hiker Profiles - interviews and advice from 20+ SOBO alumni
As successful PCT SOBO thru-hikers in 2016, we know that hiking southbound is a wonderful experience. If you choose to hike in this direction you'll join a small, close knit community of hikers and enjoy a mostly empty trail throughout your hike. Check out this page if you are trying to decide between NOBO and SOBO.
Welcome, we're glad you're here, and happy trails.